Monday, November 30, 2009

Surprise!!!!!

Today I am excited to introduce a guest blogger for today's post! The guest blogger is John Howard who is the Webmaster for "A Place to Explore Your Calling to Be A Catholic Priest" website! I so delighted when he asked me if I could post something of his! In this post John tells us about his day, and how he learns that God is always with him throughout the good and bad times. This is always something that we should remember. So sit back, relax and enjoy this fabulous story. :)


"Another day at school, but it wasn't my best. For some reason I hadn't slept
very well, waking up at 2.30am, 4.00am, 5.15 am. When the alarm clock struck at
7.00 am I was already shattered and exhausted from a poor night's rest. When I
arrived at school I counted the hours to going home. I was frightened by
everything before me, frustrated by the continuous demands of my teachers, angry
that my good work wasn't enough - they wanted more! I came very close to
shouting at my teachers. Just how insensitive could they be to the pressures on
me - and then they wanted me to do a charity assembly on Monday. Where do they
think I get the time? Stress is a dangerous condition and I recognized all the
conditions.


At the end of the day, the journey home was not very good. It took longer than
usual and I arrived home wound-up, fragile and not the happiest creature on
God's earth. I had my evening meal as usual with my family and they all
commented that I looked tired, which is certainly accurate. By chance there was
a classical concert on TV (it was Bach's St John Passion) and I decided to watch
and listen. Almost at once the incredible tension of the day vanished like the
morning mist and I was filled with blessings and peace. Jesus who suffered on
the cross and died a horrible death already knew of my problems and
frustrations. At this moment He and I were united through some incredible music.
It was almost as if Jesus had personally said to me "I know John - I've been
there... don't worry".


All this brings me back to the foundation of our faith - Sacred Scripture. What
did the Bible have to offer me? Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all you who are weary
and burdened and I will give your rest". There are times when we leave our
issues to God and just rest. The God who created us will not allow us to be
crushed. Rest in Him!"

-John Howard (Webmaster)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing John's story with us. We all have days like this and his post helps us remember that God is always with us and we can entrust Him with the big things and the small.

    Music often brings me closer to God. I crank the music really loud in my car and sing; I always feel better after:)

    ReplyDelete