Monday, July 12, 2010

Morning Offering









Lord today I offer You all of my triumphs and my shortcomings. I offer You my joys and my sorrows, my laughter and my tears.

Lord Jesus you are active and alive in the world. I offer You this day so that I may remain close to Your Sacred Heart and fall head over heels in love with You. During this day, I open my own heart; small, weak and frail, in hope that You will enter in and transform my heart into a heart like Yours. Let my heart become filled with burning love and desire for Your people everywhere. Let me be filled with the same compassion and peace that is in Your Sacred Heart.Let me show love to those who are not loved, become a friend to those who are friendless, and show mercy to those who are merciless. Lord Jesus, during this day may I be You for others who do not know You. Let me be Your servant by serving others. Please help me to become like you, perfect and holy, loving and compassionate, full of forgiveness and mercy.

Be with me during this day and grant me a peaceful rest in the night so that when the first rays of dawn shine forth, I may rise to greet you, refreshed and ready for a brand new day in which to serve you.

3 comments:

  1. Love this John! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning John
    This is really lovely. Thanks John and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is indeed very beautiful and so well written.

    ReplyDelete