Thursday, October 7, 2010

Faith, Fellowship and Fun at Holy Hill!
















This past Saturday my family and I had a great opportunity to go to 11th annual St. John Bosco Youth Day held at The National Shine of Mary Help of Christians Basilica at Holy Hill in Hubertus, WI. My mom, my brothers and I went along with our friends. We had such a great time listening to speakers talk about ways in which we can become closer to God and bring others closer to him.

One particular speaker was a brave young woman by the name of Lila Rose. This woman has, since she was 18, worked as a pro-life activist and is the founder of the pro-life group Live Action. She goes into Planned-Parenthood clinics undercover and catches what the nurses and doctors say on tape. She showed us some of the videos and they were very shocking. It is also very shocking that she is brave enough to do this. I don't think that I could be that brave. What she is doing is truly great and I truly support her and her mission. We should all pray for her and woman like her that are working for God and trying to teach people about the wrongs of abortion and that there are more loving alternatives such as adoption, instead of aborting innocent children. She was very inspiring and uplifting.

The rest of the day consisted of Mass, Adoration, Confession, a chance to climb the huge tower of the Basilica and of course time for fun and games. This was a great experience for my family and friends and was a great way to meet many other people who also have the same love for God as we do! A great time was had by us all, and we can't wait to go again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome time. I have never been to Holy Hill before. Being less than two hours away, perhaps it is time for me to go and check it out with my family.

    I also admire this brave woman. She is risking a lot by doing what she is doing. God Bless her and others that are fighting for the rights of the unborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Holy Hill once, even though I live in Ireland. It really is a beautiful place of prayer and reflection.

    ReplyDelete